BuzzFeed came out with a very amusing article entitled, “21 Reasons Why The Fashion Industry Should Take Itself Less Seriously” which I thought actually captured many good points on why some people should just chill out. The article begins, “Some fashion people treat their work as though they’re dealing with nuclear secrets. And well, that’s just wrong.” Fair enough, BuzzFeed, fair enough.
Here are some of my favorite reasons:
2. Everyone who sits on the front row looks like they’re in a fight/miserable. I haven’t found that this is completely true, but it’s mostly true. Fashion Week is definitely a stressful time for most industry movers and shakers, but if you’ve completely lost the ability to enjoy a show, then what’s the point?
4. Because baked goods really deserve to be served in full-size. Need I say more? Amen, sister.
9. Because Reddit’s “Fashion Pictures That Make You Want To Punch People in the Face” thread is too much fun to go ignored. SO true, this really is worth reading.
13. Because Anna Dello Russo made the music video “Fashion Shower.”
And this didn’t seem to be the industry’s prevailing attitude about it:
15. Also, Zoolander was actually right about stuff. Like Derelicte? That totally became a thing.
17. Look, fashion just isn’t really an intellectual field.